In the past four months I’ve been able to check a few things off my list of 25 to dos. Progress! It’s lovely to keep track and build memories this way…
Teach a yoga class. Check. This is mandatory as a part of my yoga teacher training. Outcome? Super fun and invigorating. I can’t wait to teach again in a few weeks! I’ve got other classes in the works, some in Massachusetts and some in California (rafting and yoga anyone?)
2. Go on a legitimate vacation. Legitimate = beach. Currently working on this one… rumor is I’ll be in San Diego in December…
Bake something. Made some gluten free & vegan chocolate chip cookies. Recipe from my new cookbook frmo cupcake shop Babycakes. They were soooo tasty – I can’t wait to get back to the oven again soon. Good thing I’ve got friends with kitchens 😉
Raise a plant. Someone who left last term left a darling green thing in a black container in their room. I took it home and fed it some water. It seemed to like that. I think it’s a plant. And it’s been getting bigger and greener. Good sign? Methinks yes.
Meditate 21 minutes for 21 days. This was so much easier than I expected! I missed a couple days but still count the run successful because I jumped back on the wagon and kept going. Apparently I need a goal like this to stay on track because I’ve been really inconsistent since. I think I’ll start another 21 for 21 soon.
6. Design and complete a monthly challenge. These have been fun so far. Though I’ve had other things pulling my attention like life coaching training and yoga teacher training. March sort of slid by without a lot of attention and April was basically consumed with YTT training (15 hour days!). In may I’ll be back with more personal challenges. Its more for fun and the learning than accomplishment and that’s why I want to continue.
7. Learn a card trick. No dice. I’m targeting July for this one. Seems like a good thing to learn before heading to California. Gotta show people out there that I’ve been really busy at Kripalu right? 😉
8. Learn to juggle well. It would have been smart to practice this with Tom McDonnell, juggler extraordinaire while he was at Kripalu but it just didn’t happen. Not worried about it though. This will be perfect for summer when I’m not limited by obstacles like ceilings and walls.
9. Fall in love. My mantra all year has been: it’s on it’s way 🙂
10. Crochet a blanket. Nicole and I have plans to review the chevron pattern. Then we’re going to have crochet and knitting parties. We’re cool like that. Stitch ‘n bitch 4 lyfe!
11. Learn 3 new guitar songs. This has been difficult to accomplish without a guitar. Good thing I’ve got dibs on one that’s moving to the Berkshires with its owner in May! This might be the May challenge…but MAYbe not. Ha.
12. Read one book per week. I was actually on track with this until Coby challenged me not to read a single word for a month. That seemed more challenging than reading so I took her on. One of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life. Back on the reading train though I lost the momentum of a book per week. Not sure yet if I really want to pick that back up. Looks like not.
13. Volunteer. On the books for May 1st. Bike Fest 2011!
14. Take daily outfit photos. This was supposed to be an experiment in style evolution and a recap of how many items I’ve collected for free. I think I was too scared to see myself documented that many times in a row. I still want to do this…eh. But I’m on the fence.
15. Define my style statement. I really wanted number 14 to help illuminate this one. So, maybe I should just go for it. No one has to see the photos but me right?
16. Get a typewriter. I’ve been scanning online in Massachusetts and Sacramento/Bay Area but with no luck as of yet. Anyone got any leads? I’ll type you a thank you of course!
17. Watch the Top 5 cult classic movies. Haven’t even defined the 5 yet. This will be perfect for a cozy fall or winter night though so I’ve got time. Plus, I’ve been engrossed in wonderful foreign films as of late. Thanks Alawi!
18. Find a signature perfume. I almost ordered one (smell unsmelt) until my dad happened to look at the reviews and questioned my judgment. Oh well, this can be postponed until the holiday season.(Although then I’ll probably end up with something that smells like cookies).
19. Start my novel. Tis far from well crafted. But it’s a start. And I bought books about writing. And I’ve decided to do NaNoWriMo for my November challenge. Both will help me get beyond the start…to the end. Or at least the middle.
Manifest a BIG juicy surprise. I thought I had this one checked off in March. And then April happened. Socks off big. I LOVE this manifestation stuff.
21. Write a pen-pal letter in French. Brought home my French workbook from Sacramento to work on this one. Voilà c’est tout.
22. Explore the Berkshires. Sorta happening. Adventures are being lined up now.
23. Accomplish scorpion pose. This is all about the core (as Jay explained to me one day) so I’m working on the core. I’m giving myself until October.
24. Finish sketchbook. Haven’t made a scratch. Nearly forget I wrote this one down. Will probably make sketching a monthly challenge to get this one done.
25. Blog it all! I would love to make posts more consistent. I think I’ll spend some time thinking about how to prioritize getting posts published.
5 outta 25. Not bad for a quarter year. I’m so enjoying the process and loving that my to do list is so much fun.